Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks is a puzzle/blockfall game inspired by Nintendo’s Tetris Attack (or “Panel de Pon”) for the Super Nintendo. It might seem like any other match-3 style game but it is generally much faster. The game requires fast decisions compared to other puzzle games. While you can setup the perfect chain it is much more likely that you will construct chains while blocks are still dropping around you.
In addition to traditional game types like endless, time trial and stage clear the game does also feature a VS-mode. The VS mode is a dual like you rarely see in a puzzle game.
The game is programmed by me (Poul Sander) and is released under the GPL license version 2.
Current version is 2.1.2
- Based on the classic “Tetris Attack” for the SNES
- Free as in “freedom”
- Free as in “free beer”
- No loot boxes
- 5 single player modes: Endless, Time Trial, Puzzle Mode, Stage Clear and Vs. Mode
- 2 two player options: Time Trial and Vs. Mode
- Puzzle mode with 30+ puzzles
- Custom keymapping
- High scores are saved
- Gamepad support
- Music and sound effects
- Puzzle level editor (written in Java)
- Select puzzle file from a list in the game
- Runs under Linux and Windows + more
Ok… they might never arrive. But things I would like.
- Better AI
- Reintroduce Save/play replay
- Reintroduce network play
- More puzzles (always needed)
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 (can be changed from 2.1.1+ but still recommended)
- OS: Windows or Linux
Version 2.1.2 has been tested on: Windows 8 (64 bit), Windows 10 (64 bit), Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit), Ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit), Fedora 25 (64 bit), Fedora 23 (32 bit) and Debian 8.9 (32 bit)